3349 U.S. 181, Kenedy, TX 78119  |   830-583-3401  |    

Our Community


Welcome to Kenedy, Texas!

As Karnes County largest city, Kenedy is an economic center for the surrounding agricultural area. Occupying land that was once part of a Royal Spanish Grant to Don Carlos Martinez, Kenedy's colorful history as a community began with the purchase of land for a town site in 1886 by Captain Mifflin Kenedy, a partner of Richard King of the famous King Ranch. Early growth of Kenedy Junction, as it was first known, was attributed to its position as a major stop on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad. In the early 1900's Kenedy gained a reputation for gun fighting that earned it the nickname Six Shooter Junction.

Attractions

Karnes County Country Club Golf Course
Panna Maria

Local Schools

Kenedy Elementary School
Kenedy Middle School
Kenedy High School

Regional Schools

Coastal Bend College - Beeville Campus
Texas Lutheran University

Additional Links

Karnes County, Texas
Kenedy, TX Chamber of Commerce
Where to Eat
The Karnes Countywide

Local Real Estate

Ihrig Real Estate
Trulia
Zillow

Economy/Statistics

AreaVibes
City-Data
Career

Opportunities

FastHealth

Patient Education